Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum






Grade: 5 Butterflies
Released: May 5, 2010
Series: The Hourglass Door Trilogy
Page amount: 398
Publisher: Shadow Mountain Publisher

                                                      Summary      





Abby is in her senior year of high school and everything is fine until she meets Dante Alexander. He is the new foreign-exchange student from Italy. He is mysterious and interesting, and Abby instantly likes him. Then, unusual things start to happen when he is around. Abby soon finds herself involved in a mystery whose roots reach into sixteenth-century Florence. She uncovers something that will threaten her and the people she cares about most.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My thoughts



Story:  This story is pure GOLD. It was a fast paced book, but not too fast paced where you start getting confused. I loved the story line. It brings a new twist to the idea. I also loved the romance between Dante and Abby. It was the best part of the book, but not the only aspect of the book. This story is more than a romance. It has the perfect balance of action, mystery, and romance.


Characters: I loved every single character, even Zo. He is the perfect villain. If such a thing excites.
There is a decent amount of character development.


Writing: The writing in this book was really great for a first time author. I mean it's not the best writing, but it's still really great. I love how she makes the love between Abby and Dante feel so real. because I was afraid that the love between Abby and Dante would feel fake.


Ending: The ending was a really great ending for a first book in a series. It leaves with such a cliffhanger that you are on the edge of your seat just waiting for the next book.                  

**********************            

Overall: It was a really Great book. I loved it. It is now one of my favorite books.

************************


This book got...

5 Butterflies
Blew me away, one of the best books ever.













That's my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.













No comments:

Post a Comment