Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Still On My Mind (2)



      What "Still On My Mind" is about, is I am going to tell you a book I read a while ago, but I still think about constantly. I will also explain why it is still on my mind.                               
       Still On My Mind happens every Thursday, and was originated by YA-Aholic. If you wish to join in, please check the requirements here
       
      
           The book that is still on my mind is Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston.








 
     Goodreads summary

       
       17 year-old Kelley Winslow doesn’t believe in Faeries. Not unless they’re the kind that you find in a theatre, spouting Shakespeare—the kind that Kelley so desperately wishes she could be: onstage, under lights, with a pair of sparkly wings strapped to her shoulders. But as the understudy in a two-bit, hopelessly off-off-Broadway production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, wishing is probably the closest she’s going to get to becoming a Faerie Queen. At least, that’s what she thinks... In this fun, urban fantasy, Kelley's off-stage life suddenly becomes as complicated as one of Shakespeare’s plot twists when a nighttime trip to Central Park holds more than meets the mortal eye.


                    

                     ~ Why this is still on my mind~

     
         love books that put a spin on fairy mytholgy. I just love fairy books, I don't know why, I just do. And this is the book that made me fall in love with fairy books.
This book is still on my mind, because Lesley Livingston puts a twist to the basic fairy lore. And I love when authors do that. Not just to fairy lore, but to any consept. Anyway, when I started this book I thought it would be a silly fairy book, but when I started reading it captivated me from page one.  I fell in love the characters, the writing, and the story. I basicly loved everything about this book.  And it left me wanting more. More of the characters, more of the story, and especially more of the fairy world. This book does not show you much of the fairy world. However, what it did show me left me curious about the fairy world, and their laws and traditions.





~Kimberly~

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is a great pick. I loved this book. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    S

    ReplyDelete