Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver





Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: Delirium (Delirium series #1)
Series: Delirium Series
Author: Lauren Oliver
Released: 8\ 2\ 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Page Amount: 441



                                              Goodreads summary
                            
                                   


    Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.






                                                           My Thoughts



Story: I love dystopian novels; they are my favorite genre of books. I love how different dystopian books are from each other but at the same time so similar to one other. I first saw this book online and I was very intrigued when I read what it was about. However at the same time I was hesitant to read this book because there are so many ways a writer can butcher a dystopian novel. So last week I was at the store and saw that this book was on sale, so I thought why not, and I am so glad I did! This story is so unique. It captivated me from page one. I love how every person just accepts that love is a disease. It is not really fast paced, but not as slow as a slug either.



Characters: I fell in love with the characters in this book. Lena was such a strong character. They are very realistic characters, and they made very realistic decisions. The character development was fantastic, but I think it could have been better if it did not take as long for Lena to realize that the government is bad and not good. The relationship between Alex and Lena was so believable. They didn't fall in love the instant they meet. It took a while for them to fall in love, but that made the book so much more realistic.



Writing: The writing was so good. I love Lauren Oliver’s writing style. It is just as unique and beautiful as her book. That is all I can really say about the writing. There is nothing else to say but that. Lauren Oliver is just a beautiful writer.



Ending: I will say this: Lauren Oliver knows how to torture her readers. That ending made me start bawling. I am so glad the second book is out already because I would never have survived the wait. And that very last paragraph was so beautiful that I almost started to cry again.

**********************

Overall: This was a very beautiful book. It had beautiful characters, beautiful writing and such a unique story line. It is a book that I will never forget.



**********************


This book got...



4 Butterflies
Beloved, I really liked this book.










So that’s my review, I hope you like it.
Happy reading












No comments:

Post a Comment