Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick





Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: Hush, Hush
Series: The Hush, Hush series
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Released: October 13, 2009
Publisher: SIMON & SCHUSTER
Page Amount: 400
                    

                         Goodreads summary

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


                              ************************



                                    My thoughts





Story:

   This story was so captivating. I was hooked from page one. This story was so fast paced. There was never a time that I was bored or wanted to put this book down.

   Although, I wished there was more of an angel aspect to this story. I know this was an angel book and the guy she falls in love with was an angel, but it felt like the angel aspect of this book was down played a little bit. It wasn't until close to the end that the angel aspect was a serious part of the plot. The story was more focused on Nora investigating who was trying to kill her.

   However, I think that was a big part in why I loved this story. What I mean by that is, you can only read so many books where the book is all about angels. The only way to me, that an angel book is really good is when the author puts a spin on angel mythology; even then I get bored with angel books. So, it was refreshing to read an angel book where, not every signal page has something to do with angels. SPOILER ALERT. I know in the end the guy who was trying to kill her was of angel decent. I know, but as I was reading it I thought it was a normal, human being who was trying to kill her. SPOILER ALERT OVER.

   The other thing I wished was more defined in this book was the relationship between Nora and Patch. I like it in books where the relationship is deep and you as the reader know for sure that they love each other. It wasn't like that in this book; it was more of a crush than love. I also got confused towards the end when Nora and Patch where kind of declaring their love for each other, but not in so many words, if that makes any sense.

   Even though this story had some down sides to it, I was still captivated though out this entire book.





Characters:

   I am one of those readers where I have to like at least some of the characters, or else I won't like the book. However, on rare occasions  I love the story line of a book so much that I don't care if the characters are bad. This was one of those rare occasions.

   I really did not like the characters in this book. I thought Nora's best Friend Vee was a selfish, spoiled brat. She took what she wanted, when she wanted, not caring who she hurt in the process. For example, when your best friend tells you she doesn't want to go on a camping trip because she thinks the two guys that would go with are crazy and trying to kill you both, you listen to her and not go on the camping trip! You do NOT call her crazy and throw fit because she thinks they are crazy.

  Nora was one of the best characters in this book. I thought she was down to earth and realistic. Although, there were times where she thought or did something that left me staring at the book thinking "really REALLY".

   Patch was an okay character. He wasn't really that special in my mind. He was also kind of one dimensional. There were no deeper thoughts or another part of himself that he hides from the world. Like a "what you see is what you get" kind of thing.

   Even though all the characters had their faults, it felt like I connected with them. It was weird. I hated most of the characters in this book, but at the same time it felt like I connected with them. That has never happened to me before.

   All in all, the characters were very average.





Writing:

   The writing in this book was really, really good. When you write an angel book that is captivating when there are hundreds of other angel books out there, you deserve a medal. That's all I really have to say. The writing was fantastic. That's all.





Ending:

   The ending was really good. It had everything a good ending should have. It was suspenseful, really fast paced, and you didn't know what would happen. This is a big selling point for me with the ending, because when you can predict what is going to happen, then it is kind of boring. This ending was anything but boring which was made it really awesome, and I think I fell in love with Patch for what he did at the end.

   All in all, this was a really good ending. Although I do not know where the next three books are going to go, because the way this book ended it made the book feel like a stand-alone novel.





                        *****************************

Overall:

   This book was really good. It had a very captivating story line, characters I didn't really like, fantastic writing, and an ending that tied up the ending pretty good, but didn't really leave room for a sequel.



                     ****************************

This book got..



4 Butterflies
Beloved, I really liked this book.
 
 
  Recommended if you like: angel books, sappy romances, and suspenseful story lines.             











That's my review.
I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.













No comments:

Post a Comment