Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout






Grade: 5 Butterflies
Name: Obsidian ( Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: November 29th 2011            
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Page Amount: 361 pages



         Goodreads summary

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

                         *****************************

                                           My thoughts


   When I started this book I thought this book would be a silly alien book with no plot at all or if it had a plot it would be so thick with si-fi that I would hate it. I should not have doubted Jennifer L. Armentrout. This book blew me away. It was so awesome; there is nothing wrong with this book. The characters in this book are some of the best I have ever read, the plot wasn't super-fast, but it was still really great, and the writing was so fantastic that just couldn't believe it. This is the kind of book that stays in your head weeks, months, and years after you read it.

   The characters where, as I said before, some of the best I have ever read. Katy is not the strongest character I have read, but definitely one of the bravest characters I have read. One of the reasons why I love her is because she is not overly special. What I mean by that is she not the chosen one, or really powerful that ever one fears her, she is just her. Even when most of the people around her have these cool powers she doesn't envy them, are think defiantly of them because they have these super powers. They are themselves and she is herself and I really love that about her. The other characters are really great to. Dee is probably one of the funniest character I have read and Daemon....... he is just perfect in every way, there is nothing more I can say.

   The plot wasn't really fast, but it was still really great and suspenseful. There wasn't a time that I wasn't interested in what was happening and towards the end I was sitting on the edge of my set think "What’s going to happen what’s going to happen" over and over in my head.

   One of the best things in this book was the relationship between Daemon and Katy. Their relationship is one of the best relationships between a guy and a girl that I have read. I can't really put it in words, it was just..... Perfect.





This book got.

                                                   5 Butterflies


                                     Blew me away, one of the best books ever.


 
 
 









That is my review
I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.



 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment