Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday 56 (4) & Feature friday (3)

 
 
 

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to Freda's Voice in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple. 
 
 
 

 

 He frowned "I wasn't down there that long. I was swimming". He said.
"No, Daemon, you were down there a long time. It was at least ten minutes! I looked for you, called for you. I....I thought you were dead!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Rules
  • Leave your name on the post.
  • Create a post on your own blog that links back to the post (just grab the FF button) visit as many blogs as you can and tell them hello! In their comments.
  • Be sure to follow them and if someone follows you follow back!!!


Q: What is the BIGGEST word you've seen used in a book lately - that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.


     I can't remember the last time I looked up a word. Even if I did see a word I didn't know in a book. Most of the time I can understand a little bit of what it means be reading the rest of the sentence, or the surrounding sentences. I will every now and again look up a word if it keeps bothering me after I put the book down, but I haven't done it in a while.
What about you???






That is my answer, come back tomorrow for a new Stacking The Shelves.
Happy reading.










     

19 comments:

  1. Yeah, tough question today!

    New follower via GFC!

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Areed, very hard question.
      Thanks for follwing.
      Happy reading.

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I do the same thing. It's not often I'm stumped enough to use my dictionary app, but it happens from time to time! :D New follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower through GFC =)
    Rinn
    http://rinnreads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what special powers/abilities Daemon has that allow him to stay underwater so long? If he's the man in the cover illustration, he seems sort of detached.
    I look up new words too, but I can't tell you the last time I did that or what book was involved. I do remember looking up "ennui" recently, to make sure it meant what I thought it did before I used it in a story I was writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daemon has a lot of cool powers in this book.
      Same here, I couldn't tell you the last time I looked up a word and what book it was in.
      Happy reading.

      Delete
  5. Hopping through. Yet another reminder that I need to read Armentrout's books!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the relativity of time! Sounds interesting! Here is mine! http://srivallip.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/friday-memes_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. with the kindle its so easy now, i just do it to confirm if I got it right, I get curious lol
    Here is mine
    Follow Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. It wasn't til just recently I had too and really it fell just in time for this FF.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky, I think the last time I did look up a word was.... no I can't remember.

      Delete
  9. Can't remember the last time either, my answer was when I looked up a word when I was still in first year high school.

    New follower hopping by!
    My ff:
    http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Thanks for following.
      Happy reading.

      Delete