Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, October 8, 2012

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Grade: 5 Butterflies
Name: Crave (The Clann #1)
Author: Melissa Darnell
Released: October 25th 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Page Amount: 416 pages
 
 
Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.

For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences….
                                             *****************************
 

My thoughts

 
    
    First off I want to say that I have read this before. Right when it came out, and when I heard the second was out, I went out and bought both Crave and Covet because I didn’t have my own copy of Crave. I was a little wary to read Crave, because I was scared that it wouldn't be as good as I remembered it to be. However, after the first ten pages or so I saw that it was better than I remembered, the characters where great (except that one, but we'll talk about her later), the plot was the perfect pace and perfect everything, and the writing was fantastic. I just really loved this book so much!!!!
    Most of characters in this book where great, especially Tristan’s character. Tristan’s character felt really realistic to me and what I think helped him with that is the alternating POV (Point Of View), every other chapter or so the POV would change between Tristan’s and Savannah's. So, due to that, we got to see into his head and read his thoughts and emotions. He also had great character development.
    Now Savannah is a different story. She is a good character, it's just every now and again she would get so annoying, so very annoying and she made stupid, stupid mistakes. However I can't really be mad at the mistakes because that contributed to the plot. Though, the farther in the book you go the less frequent she annoyed me. So, good character development there. What makes this book get five stars, even though she annoyed me, is I connected with her and you guys know how I am with connecting with a character. Even if I don't like a character but I still connect with the character, I love the character.
    When I first read this book I thought there was too much. What I mean by that is this book takes place in a two year span and sometimes it got confusing. Because you would finish a chapter and it would be October but then in the beginning of the next chapter it would say that November and December flew by. However, when I read it again I saw how good that was; because all you need to do is read it twice and the time frame won't be so confusing.
    I also figured out why Tristan’s and Savannah's relationship was so realistic, is because of the time frame. In most YA books two people met each other, or in some cases know each other from their childhood, and then somehow be thrown together in some way (like sharing a class or being lab partners) so they have to spend time together. Then after three weeks or so the would admit that they loved each other. However, in this book they fall in love over a two year time span, which really made their relationship more realistic.
    The plot wasn't really fast but I am glad that it wasn't really fast, because if it was that fast I would have been even more confused with the time frame. Although, it wasn't really slow, it was fast enough that I never got bored. The pace was perfect for this book and that really shows how good a writer Melissa Darnell is.
 
This book got...
 


5 Butterflies
Blew me away, one of the best books ever.
Recommended if you like witches, vampires, romance, and great plot.


 



That is my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.
 
   











1 comment:

  1. A bit cliched but I liked Crave. Seeing witches in YA again was nice. Savannah had to be my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete