Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGary


Grade: 4.5 Butterflies
Name: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
Author: Katie McGary
Released: July 31st 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Page Amount: Hardcover, 392 pages
   
Goodreads summary

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.



                                               *************************


My thoughts



     I got this book because I heard so many good things about it. It's like every review is saying how awesome this book was and in the end I agreed with them. However, in the beginning of this book I couldn't connect with anything, not the characters or the plot, nothing. I kept reading for the one thing I could connect with, and that was Noah. He was the only character I could connect with and his was the only story I was interested about. Then after a while, Noah's and Echo's relationship added to Noah's story for why I kept reading this book. Then after a while, I started to like and connect with Echo. Then I started to care about Echo's story. Then around page 150 I started to love everything about this book.

    The POV in this book switches between Echo's and Noah's. I like it when authors do this, because it brings a lot more depth in the characters and plot and in this book it was no different.

    The plot in this book was about both Echo's and Noah's story and I was only interested in Noah's story at first. I don't know why that is, maybe because I hated Echo in the beginning so I couldn't get into her story. However, after a while I started to get interested about that happened to Echo and wondering if she would every remember. So, after a while, me only liking half of the plot, turned into me loving this gripping and captivating plot.

     So, as you could have probably tell by now, I had a lot of hate for Echo in the beginning. That is because she was such a push over. I am fine when characters are like that in the beginning, because that just adds to the story line of how that character over come that. However, I didn't read any character development for that aspect of Echo until while after page 100. After she started to stand up for herself, I started to understand her, like her and connect with her. So, in the end Echo was an awesome character.

     Now Noah was the best character in this book. He was thoughtful, caring, hot, and let no one hurt the people he calls his family. He was the perfect guy. I am not kidding, he was perfect in every way and his loyalty to his brothers was heart warming.

     So, in the end this book was great, it had a wonderful and heart warming plot, it had characters that you couldn't help sympathizing with, and a author that was fantastic. Also, if you are having a hard time reading it because you don't like it, keep on reading, because I promise you it gets better.


This book got...


4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book. 

Recommended if you like: Contemporary and Romance.





That's my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.






 











No comments:

Post a Comment