Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, November 5, 2012

Ripple by Mandy Hubbard


Grade: 3 Butterflies
Name: Ripple
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Released: July 21st 2011
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Page Amount: 260 pages

Goodreads summary

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. The water calls to her, draws her in, forces her to sing her deadly song to unsuspecting victims. If she succumbs, she kills. If she doesn't, the pain is unbearable. To keep herself and those she cares about safe, she shuts herself off, refusing to make friends or fall in love-again. Because the last time she fell in love with a boy, he ended up dead.
Then Lexi finds herself torn. Against her better judgement, she's opening up again, falling in love with someone new when she knows she shouldn't. But when she's offered the chance to finally live a normal life, she learns that the price she must pay to be free of her curse is giving him up.








                                                    ************************


My thoughts



    I was really excited to read Ripple, because I love mermaids and water creatures books. So, when I saw this book was about sirens I snatched it up and started reading it as soon as I got home and it was...good. What I mean by that is it didn't blow me away, but it wasn't awful either.
    The characters where good and enjoyable, but they weren't memorable. The plot had a good fast pace and I never got bored and it had twist and turns that I didn't see coming, but there were also a few things I did see coming from a mile away. The writing in this book was good, but it didn't amaze me.
    The romance in this book was good and a lot more realistic then some in other books I read and it would have worked if the author didn't make them say they loved each other. If she kept them in the "falling in love stage" instead of the "I love you" stage it would have been perfect, but she didn't. So, when they said they loved each other it ruined the realness of  the relationship.
    So, if you want a quick and fast summery read, then this book is good, but if you want a really deep book then maybe this book isn't the best.

This got....



3 butterflies
Basic, nothing special.
Recommend if you like mermaids, water creatures and if you want a fast read.





That's my review, I hope you like it.
Happy reading.











No comments:

Post a Comment