Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, January 21, 2013

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


Grade: 4.5 Butterflies
Name: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2)
Author: Aimme Carter
Released: March 27th 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Pages: 296 pages

Goodreads Summary


Kate Winters has won immortality. But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone.


************


My thoughts



     I had this book on my shelf since October of last year and for some reason I never read it and I very much regret that. I picked this book up for the TBR pail reading challenge  for this month. This book starts out with Kate going back to the Underworld for her first Fall/Winter with Henry. When she gets there she has this weird vision and in it she sees Henry battling this fog and when he comes to see her he is all bloody. It goes on from there.

     First off I want to say that I had mixed emotions with this book. Some things where great and brilliant, while others where frustrating and bad. I will also tell you that for most of this book it was getting between 3 or 4 Butterflies. Then the ending happened and it brought it up to 4.5 Butterflies.

    The plot in this book was like a coin, on one side it was great and on the other it was frustrating. The plot starts out with a bang and keeps going. There wasn't a dull moment in this whole book!! It was so fast paced, I finished it in less than a day.

     In that lies the problem. In places it felt way to fast. I barley had time to register what happened and my emotions on one thing and then on the next page something happened that undermined my emotions on the same thing. It was really frustrating to read.

     Another problem I had was the relationship between Henry and Kate. First I want to say that I liked how Kate had her worries and doubts. I liked it, because it brought a new dimension to the plot and it also brought drama into the story. What I hated was how in most of the book  Kate kept complaining about her doubts and worries, but she never did anything about it. I understood where she was coming from. I just got annoyed with how she talked about how she tried to have patience and help Henry along, but she never really did. I am not saying it was just her felt, if Henry was willing to open up to her and talk everything would have been easier and better.

     The best part of this whole book was the ending. The last 40 or so pages is why I brought it up to 4.5 Butterflies. The ending..... It blew. My. Mind!!!! I was not expecting that at ALL. When I read the last page I just sat there and stared at the last sentence, just trying to comprehend what just happened. I need the next book NOW.

     I feel like all I have been doing in this review is focusing on the bad, but in the end I loved this book. The book had its faults, but the good outweighed the bad in this case, with the captivating plot and the extraordinary ending. If you have not yet read this series do so now, because it will not disappoint you.

This book got....


4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book.

Recommend if you like: Greek mythology and the Goddess Test series.




Thats my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.













No comments:

Post a Comment