Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer


Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: Storm (Elemental #1)
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Released: April 24th 2012
Publisher: Kensington
Pages: Paperback, 353 pages

Goodreads summary

Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming


***********************
 
 
 

My Thoughts


      I have heard some awesome things about this, but it isn't the usual hype. I think what happened is the hype about this book was before I started blogging and the hype wound down. Now people only mention it if you mention it and then they gush about how much they love it. So, because of that I didn't have high exceptions for this book, even though I knew a lot of people thought it was amazing. Anyway, I went into this book with not that high of exceptions, but still expecting that it will be good. I am so glad that I went into this book with that mind set, because I think if I went into it expecting it to be amazing it would have crashed and burned.

     This book was good, but it wasn't amazing. The plot was amazing and captivated me from the beginning and I really loved the concept, because come on who doesn't want the ability to control the elements.  Even though there was things that I did love about, there was also some things that I really didn't like.

     First off the plot was amazing and it captivated me from the first page, I am not exaggerating. I picked up this book not really in the mood for reading, but I was bored. After reading the first page I did not want to stop. Which shocked me, because that rarely happen to me. So, I have to give props to the author for being able to do that.

     One of the bad things about this was that it was very predictable. There was some twists and turns that I didn't see coming, but the really big ones that where suppose to leave you shocked, I could see coming from a mile away. I am fine when books are like that, I mean it doesn't rune the book for me, but it makes it less interesting.

     The characters where all right. Becca was a very realistic character and I liked her and all of the other characters. However, with all of the outstanding characters in YA today, they just didn't stand out to me.

     Another bad thing about this book was it had a love triangle. I went into this book thinking that there was a love story between Chris and Becca and there was, but then Hunter was thrown in. I admit it wasn't a normal love triangle. It was like Becca was in denial that she liked Chris and focused on Hunter, which really annoyed me and people who read this book will understand. There was some sweet moments with Chris, but not much. Anyway, my point was that the love triangle was a bit different, but still really annoyed me.

   Another thing that annoyed me was the ending. It let you hanging on what their relationship was. I would have been fine with that, but when I looked at the summary for the next book the story was about one of the brothers. I got the impression that the whole series is the brother's love story's. Like this book was Chris's love story and the next one is Gabriel's love story, so on and so forth. So, I think the end of this was the end to Becca's and Chris's story. If that is right, I will be so mad on how this book ended.

     Overall, this was a good book with a plot and concept that I loved. I don't think that it was as good as people are saying. However, it was still pretty good and I would recommend it to a lot of people.

This book got....


 
4 Butterflies
Beloved, This is a really good book.
Recommended if you like books with: a plot that captivates you, fast pace, and characters that can control the elements.





That's my review, I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.






 






No comments:

Post a Comment