Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks


Grade: Butterflies
Name: The Last Song
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Source: My Bookshelves
PublisherGrand Central Publishing
PagesHardcover390 pages

Goodreads summary

Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.


     In my Top Ten Tuesday from last week I said this was one of my favorite book I read before I started blogging and it made my realize that I never reviewed this. So hear is my review. 

     My mom went on a road trip and she came back with this book that she said was a really good book, and this was right before the movie came out. She wanted me to read it, I said no, because I really wasn't into contemporaries in any shape or form at that time. So, a little while later I saw this trailer for a movie and it looked pretty good and it had Miley Cyrus in it (I was a big fan back then, not so much anymore) and I saw the book again and noticed that it was the book for the movie. So, I started it and read it in under two days! I loved it!

     This book takes you on a rollercoster of emotions, one page you will be laughing the next your heart is broke and your crying your eyes out. This book will enchant you from the first page until three years later. It has this quality about it that makes it unforgettable, because it is an unforgettable story about love, forgiveness   letting people go, and accepting death. 

     Why I love this book so much is, because Nicolas Sparks made me feel for the characters. He made me feel like they where real and their pain was real and their happiness was real. Feeling connected with the characters in a contemporary book is something that only happened twice in my whole life, once with this book and the second time with Going to Far by Jennifer Echols. And for me to truly love a book I need to connect with the characters, this book did that perfectly.

     Speaking of characters, I love the characters in this book (if you couldn't tell from the last paragraph), they where just so great and realistic, I even loved the side characters. And the character development in this book is outstanding, not just for the main character (even though she did have quite a bit of it) the side characters had so much development throughout this book. Again, there is not many books where most of the characters have good development.

     The only bad thing about this book is there isn't an epilogue. I want to know what else happens. I want to know about her going to school and him going to school. I want to know what there lives are like. I guess what I am saying is that I want another book with these characters in it.

     I love this book so much, I have re-read it about 7 times and each time it gets better and better. If you have yet to read this book or any book by Nicolas Sparks, then please do, because this is outstanding book, like most of his books I have read. 

This book got...

 5 Butterflies
Blew me away, one of the best books ever.
Recommended if you like: Contemporaries,  love stories, and heartbreaking stories.



That's my review, hope you read this book. 
Happy reading.









1 comment:

  1. This book was one of my before blogging books! I read pretty much every Nicholas Sparks book. This one also has an amazing movie. Happy to see you enjoyed it too!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete