Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (41)



"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly theme hosted by Tynga's reviews . Feel free to join in if you want. In this theme I showcase all the books I got this week.

(Sorry the picture is crappy, something was wrong with something. No matter what I do thats the best I get.)

Since I didn't do Stacking the Shelves last week, because if the read-a-thon. These are all the books I got in the last two weeks. And my book buying is still going strong, the three I got at the thrift store where like last minutes buys before the book buying ban. And they never got into that haul.

Also, I have learned that, unless your trying to save money, book buying bans are to vague. I put the bun on myself to lower my TBR shelf, but this only bans you from buying books, not trading books, or getting them from the library. Because I got a lot of books over the last two weeks and it isn't helping lower my TBR pail. 



Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
I don't really know what this is about. All I know is it's a movie and that's about it.

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
Always wanted to buy this book, I read it in middle school and loved it. However, it was just to expensive for me. So, I grabbed it instantly when I saw it on the shelves of a thrift store. 

Evernight by Claudia Gray.
I read this series a long while ago and really enjoyed it. And I've been wanting to buy all of them so I'm glad I found it.

Emily the Strange, Piece of Mind by Rob Reger.
I say this at the library and it looked like a fun middle school book. Plus, this book is beautiful!! All the artwork and it has such a pretty cover if you take the dust jacket off.

Taken by Erin Bowman.
I've heard much more bad things then good things about this book, but it was to pretty not to get.

Crewel by Gennifer Albin.
I've heard some mixed things about this one and it looks good. So, I thought why not when I saw it at the library.

Mystic City by Theo Lawrence.
I am currently reading this and it's good, but nothing amazing yet. Hopefully it will take a turn for the better soon.

The Essence by Kimberly Derting.
I really enjoyed the Plague and I really want to see what else happens in this next installment.  

Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger.
I found the awesomeness of the YA book exchange! I've been wanting to get this and I'm so happy I got the chance to get this book! I also got some awesome swag with it!





That's what I got this week, what about you?
Happy reading. 











18 comments:

  1. Taken was awesome. I really enjoyed it a lot. Good haul of books. Come visit me as well.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What a great haul Kimberly! :D
    I need to read The Essence and you'll be sure to enjoy Mystic City and Crewel. I love the cover of Taken, don't you?

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! :) I love Memoirs of a Geisha.
    New follower.
    My STS

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the Evernight series is good overall.
    I've heard a lot of bad things, with good things about Taken. So, I'm a little nervous about reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of Taken is just beautiful.
    I'm liking the Mystic City so far and hopping Crewel will be good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my plan also. And the Hobbit was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you got so many good ones that I don't know which ones to comment on! I hope you enjoy them all! Happy reading!

    SP & STS

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo, nice haul! I'm looking forward to "Etiquette and Espionage" popping up in my bookstore soon! Happy Belated Blogoversary btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Memoirs of a Geisha, Kimberly. I read it a long time ago, but I was fascinated by it. Thanks for stopping by today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a copy of Evernight at the used bookstore awhile back and I still haven't read it and I seriously need to read it because I've heard great things about it! I hope you enjoy everything!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Hobbit!!! And I've heard nothing but good things about Crewel. It's still high on my TBR pile. Great haul this week. Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So many books! I also haven't heard good things about Taken, but I'd still like to try it out for myself. Same goes for Crewel. It does have a pretty cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS! Enjoy your reads!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul!! Hope you like the Evernight series!! I read them about a year ago... I really enjoyed it! Have fun!

    Thanx for
    visiting my StS and Sunday Post!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seeing your books reminds me of all the books I need to read. I haven't read any of them, but I have most of those sitting on my shelves waiting to be read. Thanks for visiting my StS.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for
    YA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great books. Nice to use a book exchange. It makes it more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oo nice haul! I heard mixed things about Taken but I hope you enjoy it! I have Etiquette and Espionage on queue so I hope we both love that one! Thanks for stopping by!



    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul. Memoirs of a Geisha is one I still really want to read. hope you enjoy all these!

    Here are my newest additions from last week.

    ReplyDelete