Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep


Grade4.5 Butterflies
Series: Mythos Academy Series, #1 Touch of Frost, #2 Kiss of Frost, #3 Dark Frost, #4 Crimson Frost, #5 Midnight Frost, #6 Killer Frost.
Author: Jennifer Estep
Publisher: K-Teen
Pages: Paperback, 372

Goodreads Summary

Here we go again … 

Just when it seems life at Mythos Academy can’t get any more dangerous, the Reapers of Chaos manage to prove me wrong. It was just a typical night at the Library of Antiquities — until a Reaper tried to poison me. The good news is I’m still alive and kicking. The bad news is the Reaper poisoned someone else instead. 

As Nike’s Champion, everyone expects me to lead the charge against the Reapers, even though I’m still hurting over what happened with Spartan warrior Logan Quinn. I’ve got to get my hands on the antidote fast — otherwise, an innocent person will die. But the only known cure is hidden in some creepy ruins — and the Reapers are sure to be waiting for me there …






This series is one of my all time favorite series and so of course I read Midnight Frost as soon as I could get my hands on a copy. And I just flew just through this book, it. was. so. good!! Although one of my fears with this series started coming true with this book.

This plot was so great!! It instantly grabbed your attention with the raised stakes and never let go. The pages just flew from my hands. and while the plot was a little predictable it was written in such a way that you still enjoy the plot twists. And of course there is more Greek mythology in this one which I devoured. I'm in love the Greek Mythology aspect in these book!!

And again I loved these characters. I just love them!! Gwen is like the perfect heroine!! And I really liked how the author made her mad at Logan. She was mad He left her alone and while it was a little bit selfish, it was realistic. Because no matter how good the reason or if you understand it, you still would get mad at a guy if he left you. I just really liked that the author did that, because it made her seem stronger in my eyes. She didn't just sit there pinning for Logan she got mad and did things. Not that she wasn't strong before, because Gwen is a really strong character.

However, The one thing I'm starting to not like about this series is how easy everything is. There are fights, but they're so easy, like it's 4 against 20 and they win every time. It's like the reapers are so bad that they don't seem to have any fighting skills. And everything just falls in place for the gang. There is tragices and high stakes and scars, but everything turns out good for them in the end.

I'm fine with reading it like that, I still really like reading the series even with that, but I feel like it prevents the series from reaching it's full potential. Like if it wasn't as easy then the books would reach another level then the one it's at now. The series would get better than it is now if it wasn't like that.

Overall I loved this book!! I think it's another amazing solid addition to this wonderful series!! And = everything just got better in this book, the characters, the plot, the Greek Mythology, everything! I just loved it! Although I am a little disappointed on how the fights and stuff are so easy, but I can live with that. And if you haven't read this series yet, do so now!! Because you will love it, especially if you like Greek Mythology books.

This book got....

4.5 Butterflies
Beautiful, this is a great book. 



Happy reading








No comments:

Post a Comment