Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Reading Challenges Mid -Year Review


Since June has come and gone it's time to review how I am doing in my reading challenges. To be frank I am not doing well at all. This is mainly because I often view challenges as what I want to read, not what I will read. I don't make TBRs based on my challenges or pick up a book based on it, I only pick up a book if I want to read it. So, most often the books I read don't correspond with my challenges. I'm fine with this and there's nothing wrong with it, but I want to get better at consulting my challenges for books mainly for my series challenge. I really want to finish lots more series before the end of the year.

Challenges:

Goodreads Reading Challenge.

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Kimberly has read 44 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide
I have read 44 books out of 100 so far this year.

To tell you guys a not-so-secret secret I don't take this challenge all that series. For the past 3 years my yearly goal has been to read at least 100 books and I've never made it there yet. That doesn't bother me one bit. For me I look at this challenge as my overall goal, but not a goal to stress over. If I read 100 books I read 100 books and I'll be really proud of myself. However, if I read 80 books in a year I'll still be happy and I won't be sad that I didn't get to 100. 


The Seriously Series Reading Challenge
It is hosted by Reading the Paranormal













My goals were:
Series started before 2014 - 13-18 Series Read.
Series stared in 2014 - 1-6 Series Read.
Series Re-reads - 1-6 Series Read.

Series Finished:

Started Before 2014- 3
Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi -Read- Ignite Me
The Blood of Eden Series by Julie Kagawa -Read- The Eternity Cure & The Forever Song
If I Stay Series by Gayle Forman -Read- Where She Went

Started In 2014 -1
Just One Day Series by Gayle Forman -Read- Just One Day, Just One Year, & Just One Night

Series Re-Reads-1
Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins -Read- Spellbound


2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
It is hosted by Bookish.













My Goal:
11-20 Books - A Friendly Hug

Books Read: 2
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Crown of Embers by Rae Carson


Full House Reading Challenge 
It is hosted by Book DateThis challenge is where you read and review a
 book for every square on the card below.















The squares  with the red star are ones I have completed. 

So, I have almost completed this one, thankfully. I can at least say I'm making progress with at least one challenge. 



That's how my challenges are going. How are your reading challenges?
Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment