Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Saturday, February 7, 2015

The TBR Tag

 I drafted this post months and months ago and then recently I found it again. So....I'm posting it. I'm ashamed how many posts I lose in the draft pile because I just forgot all about them.

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I usually just use my mind. I don’t have a spread sheet or a list or anything. I just have a few shelves on my bookshelf and wall shelves dedicated to books I haven’t read yet. I’ve tried the spreadsheets, but I like this way better because I can just look at my shelves and know what I have and have not read yet. As to TBR books that haven’t released or I don’t own yet I don’t have a system. A while ago I made a lists but I never kept up and rarely looked at them.  Also I make a monthly TBR that I try to use as a guide for the monthly reading, but I haven’t stray from it.


Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
Defiantly print. I have a lot of free unread books on my Nook and some books that I bought, but I have much more in print because I prefer to read print books. I like reading e-books just fine, but I like reading print books better.


How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I am a mood reader so I cannot plan what to immediately read next or even a few reads next. This is why I often stray from my monthly TBR pile because I never really know what I am in the mood to read next until I’m done with the current book ready to read the next book. This gets annoying especially if I can’t pin-point what I am in the mood to read and sometimes it takes me days to figure out the book I want to read.


A book that’s been on your TBR list the longest?
This is a hard question because there are a few books that have been on my TBR pile for a while, but I will have to go with Luxe by Anna Godberson. This one has been on my TBR shelf for about 3 some years. It was one of the first books I got one I started avidly buying books. 


A book that you recently added to your TBR pile?
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I just bought this one and I am excited to read it!


A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover:
I like the premise of this book too, but I kind of only got this book for the beautiful butterflies.


A book on your TBR that you NEVER plan on actually reading:
The premise sounded good when I bought it, but now I don't think I'm ever going to get to it.


An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for:

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you:
 Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker
A lot of people I know have read this one and constantly recommend this one to me


A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you:
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  
I feel like everyone has read the Vampire Academy series but me.


A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read:
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas 
I feel so ashamed because I haven't read this yet! 


The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
504, there's a lot of books on that shelf.



Happy reading


1 comment:

  1. The cover of Luminous is so, so pretty! And Heir of Fire is AMAZING. I hated having to put it down to go to work or to sleep because it seemed like there was NEVER a good place to stop reading. I hope you get to read it soon! :D

    ReplyDelete