Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Year in Books.

So this is really, really late, but I still wanted to post it. So, here are my reading stats for 2014.


So, another year has came and gone. 2014 was a decent year reading and life wise for me. I signed up for college classes (Side note, since I'm editing this in 2015 these classes have already started and are completely sucking up all of my reading time and I hate them for it) . I attended quite a few weddings in 1014. My Mom started school again. I won NaNoWrimo again in 2014 (Yay!).

I didn't read as many books as I hoped and I've been in a reading slump for the past few months, but I did read a lot of great books. However, that is balanced out by the fact that I read quite a few horrible books. So, yeah, its been a decent year.


~Stats~

-Reading-

Books Read| 74
My Goodreads challenge was set at 100 but I'm not all that mad at myself for not reaching it. For me my Goodreads challenge is more of an outline of what I want to read and I never really push myself to read all 100 books in a year. However, 74 is really low for me. Last year I read 15 more books and the year before that I read 12 more books. So, this wasn't my best year.

5 Star books| 32
4 Star books| 30
3 Star books| 9
2 Star books| 2
DNFs| 1
Re-reads| 13

-Faves-
Contemporary- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Fantasy- Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
Paranormal- Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Romance- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutoski (Not technically romance but I love this book to much not to have on this post somewhere)
Historical Fiction- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
New Adult- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Destopian- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson 

-Reading Challenges-


I planed to read 11-20 TBR books and I read 3. 



This was my card

The only slots I did not fill was the Suspense or Crime and Non Fiction, the two genres I never read. 


Number of Series started before 2014 Finished| 6
Number of Series Started in 2014 Finished| 1
Number of Re-Read Series| 0



That was my year, how was yours? Was 2014 a good or bad year for you?
Happy Reading



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reading 74 books last year! My goal for 2014 was much lower than the previous year's because I was trying to be realistic about the amount of time I have for reading these days, and I still fell just short of my goal of 50, lol. It's so tough fitting in reading time because of work/school; I hope you're able to do some fun, non-school related reading soon! :)

    ReplyDelete