Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, April 27, 2015

Perdictions & Hopes: Rogue by Julie Kagawa



Warning
There will be spoilers for the first book Talon. Do not read this post if you have not read Talon yet.


In commemoration of Rogue releasing tomorrow, I decided to do a Predictions and Hopes post.
So, I read Talon a few months ago and I very much enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite Julie Kagawa book, but I still thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It was a great first book and the series has a good chance of becoming amazing.  


Releases: April 28th 2015 (Tomorrow)
Series: Talon #2
Author: Julie Kagawa


Ember Hill left the dragon organization Talon to take her chances with rebel dragon Cobalt and his crew of rogues. But Ember can't forget the sacrifice made for her by the human boy who could have killed her—Garret Xavier Sebastian, a soldier of the dragonslaying Order of St. George, the boy who saved her from a Talon assassin, knowing that by doing so, he'd signed his own death warrant. 

Determined to save Garret from execution, Ember must convince Cobalt to help her break into the Order's headquarters. With assassins after them and Ember's own brother helping Talon with the hunt, the rogues find an unexpected ally in Garret and a new perspective on the underground battle between Talon and St. George. 

A reckoning is brewing and the secrets hidden by both sides are shocking and deadly. Soon Ember must decide: Should she retreat to fight another day…or start an all-out war?




The thing that I hope, above all else, is that Garret will survive because I really like him. He was my favorite character in the first book and I really don't want him to die. Next I really hope that Ember and Garret's relationship evolves and becomes, well, an actual relationship. However, I hope this happens without any cliches; that Garret won't get jealous of Riley and throw a kink into their relationship. I am fine with them having arguments and a bumpy road, but I just don't want this to turn into another love triangle.

Another reason that I hope Riley doesn't become a huge problem in Garret and Ember's relationship is because I don't want him to become a nuisance. I really don't want his character to only impact other characters lives instead of the plot. His character has so much promise and I don't want him to become basically a filler character. Added on to that is I really hope he gets his own love interest besides Ember because he seems to maybe have a shallow view of humans and that would set him straight.

I also hope Ember grows a bit more mature. Throughout Talon Ember was a good character that had great depth to her character and I really liked her. She was a really good character to read about and it was easy to root for her. However, she always felt a bit immature to me and I really hope she grows up a bit in this book. If she became a bit more mature and less silly then I believe she would became a truly bad-ass character. 

Lastly, what I really hope happens in this book is that it will show us a POV of some soldiers still in The Order of St. George and to expand on the gray area that is the Order. It would be very interesting to see some other soldiers realize that the Order isn't as good as it tells everyone. I really loved that aspect in the first book and it would be great if it continued but with more depth in this book. It would be especially great if we got to see the POV of Tristan and see him start to get suspicious of the Order.


I predict that there will be a lot of fighting in this book. Like kick-ass dragon fighting or hand-to-hand fighting or just plan gun fights; either way fighting. The description makes it seem like all of the main characters are been hunted down and that equals fighting in my mind. I am excited for this because kick-ass dragon fighting is kick-ass and I can't wait to read that! I love action books that are also combined with deep themes and that is what this book seems like.


That is what I hope/predict will happen in this book. What are your theories?
Happy reading





No comments:

Post a Comment